Feb 14, 2007

amazing spirit

Well Kevin, I now know where you got your amazing spirit. It was very clear to me when meeting your mom why you turned out so wonderful. I have never met anyone with such an amazing faith and compassion. No matter if you like it or not... you were just like her!!
Connie, I don't think you will ever know how comforting you were to all of us on the day of Kevin's memorial. Your faith and love for Kevin showed so strongly and I felt such a sense of peace. You and Russ raised an amazing son that will always be in our minds and hearts.
It's actually quite amazing how much Kevin has taught me through this otherwise very difficult time. I am really aware of my feeling towards my loved ones and am constantly telling Alex and the kids how much I love them. If nothing else, I know Kevin has taught many people to appreciate our lives and to really recognize how we treat each other. I am so thankful for that. I am embarrassed to say that I was guilty of just "living life" and not appreciating what I have to the fullest. I don't think anyone that knew Kevin will keep his death in mind, but always that spirit and smile. I know I will. You have changed my life for the better Kevin and I thank you for that!

Connie and Russ: here's to you!
I can do anything through him who gives me strength.
-Philippians 4:13


Much Love,
Jill Hass

No comments: