Feb 4, 2007

I Love You Son


ER Ohm said...
Kevin was wonderful son in many ways. He wasn't perfect but who is. I remember the time when Kevin, and some of his friends, tore shingles off the city fire department building roof. It was fun at the time , until they had to pay($) for them. Kevin loved to collect baseball cards (buy low sell high). He had a passion for sports. He thought of others before himself. He would help others, friend or stranger. I remember Kevin and his brother Nathan, with our neighbor Joe, building the half pipe bike ramp with me in the back yard. We worked late into the night for many days to get it done. They had so many wonderful times of free style biking. Kevin loved the out doors, fishing, hunting, camping, and biking. Kevin and Nathan were very close growing up. They loved each other as brothers and they very seldom argued. Even as babies both of them hardly ever kept us up during the night. Kevin had an awesome wrestling career. He started wrestling in 2nd grade. Kevin always had a determination to do best at what ever he was doing. I remember one of the neatest things he ever said that made me so proud to be his father. He had won the Owatonna kid wrestling tournament and was the smallest kid on the platform steps. I believe that he was in second or third grade. The guy that was handing out the awards said to Kevin "How did you ever win first place, you are the smallest one in the group. I know that the man was making a joke, but Kevin made him think twice because Kevin said that "BIGGER DOES NOT ALWAYS MEAN BETTER!!!!!!!!! Needless to say the award presenter pretty much did not have an answer to that.Kevin excelled in science and math during his high school years. In his senior year he took advanced math classes at Gustavus college. He was vice president of his class during his senior year. Kevin always had a positive attitude and a smile to go with it. I especially remember the first day when he started college at The University of Minnesota. We brought his clothes and stuff to his dorm room. It was a very exciting day to see my son starting college. I am so proud of Kevin for who he was and what he accomplished. I will always remember Kevin as a handsome, kind hearted, free spirited and wonderful son.
I love you son,Dad

No comments: