Feb 14, 2007

my heart for Kevin

kev-1

Kevin,
I just had to embarrass you one more time. This is another time when you were naked. I remember (at the memorial service) one of your fraternity brothers talked about how you ran through the streets of Mpls., in your birthday suit, for a nonexistent initiation.
Kevin, how do I say goodbye to someone I admired so very much?
I am now, and always will be, very proud to have been your mom. I know that our love went deep into our very souls. I feel even though your life has been cut short, you did leave behind a mark in this world. You left behind the mark of excellence, integrity, and compassion for others. This world is a better place for every single person that you touched with your charming smile, contagious laughter, and the deep caring reflected in your eyes. You used your hands to help others and your heart to connect with them.
I will always remember how very gifted you were. I can never even remember helping you with your homework except for maybe some artwork that you needed once in a while. You were so incredibly smart that many times I could not keep up with you. If someone would teach you something once, you would become the teacher right back because you would pick up on things so easily. PTA meetings were actually fun because we got to sit and listen to the teachers brag how smart and well behaved you were. I know that there is plenty I do not know about the behavior away from school!!!!! That is ok, I do not need to know either.
Your wrestling career was awesome. I was one of your biggest fans. I remember sitting in the stands from the time you were in second grade right up until your state final in 1995. You were always so proud to be a part of the St Peter Wrestling team and you cared so much about the other guys on the team. You were great in all sports and always would shine in whatever you did.
I am so happy that in the time of losing your brother Nathan, that you had a whole fraternity full of great guys who were brothers to you in college. I know that many people tried to help you with the loss of Nathan. You always picked quality friends.
You always had great taste in women also. That was quite a parade of wonderful girls that you brought home. I would have been honored to have any one of them as a daughter in law. I do believe that you saved the best one for last in Kristi. We will never know now will we?
Your life has been a rollercoaster ride of excitement, adventure and caring. I would not have missed a moment of being a part of it.
From baby to "babe magnet" what an experience it has been. Yours, will always be to me a life well lived. God bless and keep you Son. I love You Kev,
Mom

No comments: